ON THE CALENDAR
- Events on November 15, 2014
- Puerto Rican Heritage Month: A Bronx Rising! EventStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: November 15, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Bronx Music Heritage Center Laboratory, 1303 Louis 9 Blvd, New York, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: free and open to the public. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the birth of famed Puerto Rican poet Julia de Burgos. Her time at the famous progressive newspaper Pueblos Hispanos is historic, and her work will be celebrated at this event co-sponsored by BORIMIX and The Association for Puerto Rican and Hispanic Culture, Inc. The evening will feature a screen of the 2002 film Julia, Toda en mi, along with poetry readings and a musical performance.
- Events on November 22, 2014
- Papo Lucca and La Sonora PonceñaStarts: 9:00 pmEnds: November 22, 2014 - 11:00 pmDescription: Admission: tickets range from $75 to $100. For 60 years, famed piano master Papo Lucca has been thrilling audiences with La Sonora Ponceña, and they are celebrating the anniversary with a concert at the Lehman Center for Performing Arts. Special guests Yolanda Rivera, Luigi Texidor and Hector Pichi Perez will be on hand to mark the occasion! For more information and to purchase tickets, visit lehmancenter.org.
- Events on December 6, 2014
- "A Viennese Christmas" by The Hollywood Concert OrchestraStarts: 9:00 pmEnds: December 6, 2014 - 11:00 pmLocation: Lehman Center for the Performing Arts, 250 Bedford Park Blvd W, Bronx, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: tickets range from $15 to $25. The Hollywood Concert Orchestra is known the world over for their amazing performances, and this December their celebrated program “A Viennese Christmas” comes to the Bronx. The show has been an annual tradition for 18 years, and it is a love letter to traditional Holiday songs as well as classic Viennese music. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit lehmancenter.org.
- Events on December 21, 2014
- Winter Solstice: A Bronx Rising! EventStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: December 21, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Bronx Music Heritage Center Laboratory, 1303 Louis 9 Blvd, New York, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: free and open to the public. Join BMHC for the final Bronx Rising! Event of 2014. After great success, BMHC and the Garifuna Coalition present the Second Annual Parranda con Paranda: A Puerto Rican and Garifuna Holiday Celebration.
41st Precinct ACTION Banana Kelly High School BankNote building Barretto Point Park Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. Bronx River Bronx River Alliance Carey Clark Casita Maria Center for Arts and Education City Councilwoman Maria del Carmen Arroyo Community Board 2 Concrete Plant Park District Manager Rafael Salamanca green jobs House of Horrors Hunts Point Hunts Point Alliance for Children Hunts Point Economic Development Corp. Hunts Point Market Hunts Point Riverside Park Hyde Leadership Charter School Kellie Terry-Sepulveda Longwood Majora Carter Mothers on the Move Mott Haven MS 424 Nos Quedamos NYOFCo PS 48 Rafael Salamanca Rep. Jose Serrano Rocking the Boat Sheridan Expressway South Bronx South Bronx Greenway Southern Bronx River Watershed Alliance Sustainable South Bronx Tanya Fields Tats Cru The Point CDC The Point Community Development Corp. Urban Health Plan Youth Ministries for Peace and Justice